Have fun getting fit with the Blue Cross® Winter Warm Up. Meet up with friends and family and join in on this great way to meet your 2020 health goals! The 5K training program is free and open to all ages and abilities (a parent or their designee must accompany children). This eight-week training program involves attending two weekly one-hour sessions with certified Good Form Running and Walking coaches from the Playmakers Fitness Foundation. In addition, participants will receive a weekly communication with training information and nutrition tips. The 15 instructional sessions will lead to a free goal event - the Blue Cross® Winter Warm Up 5K walk/ run celebration at Hawk Island Park in Lansing on Sunday, March 22, 2020.
- Training Program Locations: Charlotte, Delhi Twp/Holt, Delta Twp/Lansing Mall, DeWitt, Lansing, Meridian Township, Michigan State University (on campus) & St. Johns
- Program Dates: January 27 - March 22, 2020 Program
- Cost: FREE - Courtesy of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network
- Goal Event: Blue Cross® Winter Warm Up 5K Celebration 2pm Sun., March 22, 2020 at Hawk Island
- Proper Attire: Most of the sessions will be held OUTDOORS. Layer for warmth
- For More Information: Contact The Playmakers Fitness Foundation - Alicia at 517-282-5035, Alicia@playmakers.com or Cynthia at 517-819-7237, Cynthia@playmakersfitnessfoundation.org
- To Register: Go to www.MIBluesPerspectives.com/BlueCrossWinterWarmUp. Registrations accepted until Feb. 28 or until the program location is full.
The March 22 goal event is open to Winter Warm Up participants and all members of the community. Join hundreds of participants celebrating fitness and health in our community!