The Delhi Township Board of Trustees has adopted a new Truck
Traffic and Truck Parking Ordinance that will reduce commercial truck traffic and parking on local streets
and in neighborhoods. The ordinance, which takes effect Nov. 5, designates
truck routes and regulates the parking of large trucks and trailers on public
streets throughout the township.
Here are additional
details about the ordinance:
· The ordinance has been adopted to protect and preserve the township’s infrastructure, public safety and community welfare.
· The ordinance applies to semi-trailers, large trucks, trailers and truck-trailers. Please see the Ordinance for additional detail.
· The designated truck routes will not hinder the flow of goods and services into or out of the township.
· Trucks are permitted to make pick-ups, deliveries and service calls to residences and businesses located outside the approved routes, but upon completion, they must return to a designated route as quickly as possible.
· Violating the Truck Traffic and Truck Parking Ordinance will result in civil infractions ranging from $100 for the first offense, $250 for a second offense within six months, and $500 for each subsequent offense.
For additional details, view the Truck Traffic and Truck Parking Ordinance and the Approved Truck Routes Map.