2020 Election Dates
Polls Open 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- March 10, 2020 - Presidential Primary
- August 4, 2020 - Primary
- November 3, 2020 - General Election
Vote From Home! (Absentee Voting)
You can vote from home! Anyone can vote from home and you don’t need a reason. No lines. No time crunch. No hassle.
Join the Automatic Application List to Vote From Home
Sign up to be on the Automatic Application List to Vote From Home!
When on this list you’ll receive a ballot application for every election. Just return the application and you’ll receive a ballot as soon as they are available.
You’ll enjoy having more time to research everything on the ballot. No more surprises at the polls to see a long ballot you weren’t expecting. No more lines! No time crunch! No hassle!
Note: You will first receive an application for every election. The application must be signed and returned to receive a ballot.
Important Dates for 2020
November 3, 2020 General Election
- Thursday, July 16, by 4:00 p.m. - Candidates running for Township Office without political party affiliation seeking partisan offices file qualifying petitions and Affidavit of Identityfor the November general election. Withdrawal deadline elapses at 4:00 p.m. on July 20.
- Tuesday, July 21, by 4:00 p.m. - Candidates for Local School Board file an Affidavit of Identityand a nonpartisan nominating petition. (A $100.00 nonrefundable fee may be filed in lieu of a petition.) Withdrawal deadline elapses at 4:00 p.m. on July 24.
- Monday, October 19 - Last day to register to vote in any manner other than in-person with the local clerk for the November General Election.
- Tuesday, October 20 - Tuesday, November 3 through 8 p.m. - In-person voter registration with local clerk with proof of residency.
- Saturday, October 24, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - The Delhi Township Clerk’s Office will be open for voters to apply for an for absentee ballots. Or apply online by October 30 by 5 p.m.
- Friday, October 30, by 5 p.m. - Last day to apply for an absent voter ballot via First Class mail. Apply online!
- Friday, October 30, by 5:00 p.m. - Deadline for voters to submit written request to spoil their ballot and receive new ballot by mail.
- Saturday, October 31, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - The Delhi Township Clerk’s Office will be open for voters to apply for an for absentee ballots. Save time, fill out your form online and print before coming in!
- Monday, November 2, by 10 a.m. Deadline for voters may submit written request in person to spoil their absent voter ballot and receive new ballot in the clerk’s office.
- Monday, November 2, up to 4 p.m. - Voters who want to vote an absentee ballot may vote in person at the Clerk’s office.
- Tuesday, November 3 - *Election Day* General Election. Polls open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center to check if you’re registered to vote, check your precinct and view a sample ballot.
- Tuesday, November 3, by 4 p.m. - Emergency absentee voting.
- Tuesday, November 3, through 8 p.m. - Election Day registrants with proof of residency may register to vote at the Clerk’s Office and then may obtain and vote an absent voter ballot in person in the clerk’s office or vote in person in the proper precinct.